Delay in main beam dipping

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Does your main beamdip immediately or does it have a delay?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 21

Privilege
Advanced Driver

Postby Privilege » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:06 pm

I have just tried mine and they dip immediately :)

Also I can now flash properley i.e. not just on then off - proper rapid on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off :D
Audi A3 Sportback: Mar 07: 1.6 SE: Tiptronic: Dolphin Grey

Le Grand Crapaud
Rally Driver
Location: Overlooking graveyard. Plot booked. Pretty picture awaited from commissioned artist!

Postby Le Grand Crapaud » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:06 pm

I'm still alive having been on a house hunting trip in France - La Vendée! Not too many problems on the 1,200 mile trip. Passenger window dropped on way to Portsmouth last Sunday (heavy rain) but like any sensible Migraine owner I had my spares kit - 15cm length of wood and Swiss Army Knife - big one! Pliers pulled out window, saw cut two pieces of wood and large sharp blade shaped two wedges! Mind you it's only 5 weeks since it was supposed to have been fixed :x !

More worryingly I managed 46.6mpg on the way down and back to Cherbourg but following the Le Clerc fill up (73.5p per litre) I only managed 41.4mpg home to Wales. I noticed on the A3 to London (stayed overnight in Kingston-u-T) that on putting my foot down I could see large clouds of smoke in the headlights of the following cars! Twice on the trip the car did not want to start immediately and stalled requiring a second attempt. Mmmm :cry: !

SWO still wants a Tourer (LHD) !!! We are moving to France in September it would seem and becoming pursuers of "La vie bonne vivante"! I reckon a d'occasion LHD MB 270CDi C Class Estate bought here would be more reliable and less money......

Oh and to get back on topic I was having a full blown row with Renault about slow-dipping headlamps on the Migraine ll nearly 2.5 years ago - well documented on early posts of the huge New Megane Problems section on Parker's! Later cars (post second quarter '04?) had modified software to speed up dip which was "llegally" slow - namely it did not meet 'E' requirement which demands instant dip from main. The problem is due to the fact that the same programme is used for HID headlamps - so I was told!
Anton Bufonidae hops again and again and again and again and again!

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Postby pw981 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:44 am

LGC, did you ever get it sorted on your car then?

Privilege, lucky you! Glad to see that Renault have made subtle changes too!
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

scoobydoo40
Passed Theory

hmain beam

Postby scoobydoo40 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:19 pm

my 05 megane cc takes time to dip from main beam. is this a fault or standard ,couldnt make much sense of previous posts
thanks

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:03 pm

mine too takes some time to dip, and also when flashing, it goes like this:

on - delay - off - on - delay - off..

not really worried about it....

btw, what's the UCH??

D
Meg2 Sedan, 1.6VVT, Hologram Grey, Climate Control, 16" alloys, Pioneer DEH-P6900IB, JBL GTO527, Pioneer TS-Q131-C, Osram Silverstar, NGK Iridium plugs

libra65
Currently Drives:: Realtek HD Audio Drivers is a free system and hardware tool that helps your computer’s audio system be boosted in quality. Developed and created by Realtek...

Windowsaudioaudio driversaudio drivers for windowsaudio drivers for windows 10

Re: I tried something interesting you can check below.

Postby libra65 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:32 am

Hello! I read your article frequently and it's awesome and helpful. You provided great knowledgeable information. Such a great site. It's my Blog You can Visit Here.

ryanju75
Currently Drives:: scxvcxbvnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnvbtfrbhtgf

Re: Ryan Junk

Postby ryanju75 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:47 am

This post is very nicely written, and it also contains many good facts. I appreciated your professional way of writing the post. You have made it easy for me to understand. Good and precise info. You can also check my blog.

Return to “Problems / Questions”