Headlights again

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

eric
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane lldci

Headlights again

Postby eric » Sun May 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Well had another headlight go on me yesterday, so today I tried changing the bulb from the top like I've done before, but just couldn't do it this time. So I tried the bumper off method.

The bumper's held on with only two screws each side under the wheel arch. Under the bonnet take the plastic covers off around the front and you'll see more clips holding the top of the bumper to the car. Take these out and it'll come off (there maybe more clips underneath but mine were missing).

Once the bumpers off each headlight has three screws holding it on. :)

It seems a bit of hassle this way but I will definitely be doing this way again as I just can't change bulbs through that little hatch under the wheel arch :twisted:

aadam7531
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1,6 16 v

Re: Headlights again

Postby aadam7531 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:02 am

I done that through this hole behind the wing both sides take 3 hours :shock:

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Postby taffyhl » Mon May 18, 2015 10:17 am

I can do either headlight via the access holes in the wheel arch in about 10 mins. For the passenger side I jack up the car to give more room and it's really easy, you can see everything clearly through the porthole. For drivers side I lay on my back (head 'boot' end, feet engine end) so my left arm is at the right angle to reach the bulb. Looks a bit odd but works for me!

bigtomo15
Currently Drives:: 04 plate Renault Megane 1.6 VVT

Postby bigtomo15 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:04 pm

Snap I have big hands so can never do it so I pay halfords a couple quid and sit and laugh for a hour till they fuiger it out

Worth every penny lol

MilosB
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: R. Megane 2 1.9dci sport package

Postby MilosB » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:54 pm

with big hands didn't had a problem with it
Renault Megane II 1.9dci sport p. 3dr. lowered on koni's,and exhausting through sebring

Return to “Problems / Questions”