Electronic fault

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Georginasweeting
Currently Drives:: Owns but can't drive Renault megane 1.5 dci 04

Electronic fault

Postby Georginasweeting » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:50 am

1.5 dci 04 plate 5 door no mods

Just had track rod ends sorted, cv gaiter and a new washer pump. Done Monday.

So I drove 200 miles wednesday ( 5 hour constant) in one hit and then anoth 100 in short trips and then set off on the 200 mile trip home. 30 miles in, Rev counter and temp gauge stops working, but speedo and petrol gauge fine, service light comes on and display says electronic fault. Check my OBDII reader and nothing showing in faults (I do not think it's compatible with the 1.5dci) rev readings on that show normal along with engine temp. Driving fine.

I pull over at the next services, check the battery voltage, reader says 13.8 it normally says 14.2.

Turn off car.

Try to turn car back on and nothing, not showing fault anymore my no turning over and all dash lights on.

Turn it off, take card out wait 30 seconds and I tried again

Started straight away no issues, not errors messages no issues

Continues the rest of the way home no issues and no issues today.

Any ideas???

Georginasweeting
Currently Drives:: Owns but can't drive Renault megane 1.5 dci 04

Re: Electronic fault

Postby Georginasweeting » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:57 am

Oh and when it did turn back on it had reset my trip counter and Subsquent readings.

VroomVroomClonk
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9 DCi CC 2004

Postby VroomVroomClonk » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:46 am

Georginasweeting wrote:... it had reset my trip counter and Subsquent readings.

When the battery voltage drops below a certain value, that will reset the trip and other counters. It happens to mine sometimes on very cold mornings.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Rebuild the fuse assembly at the positive battery terminal and check the PSU for moisture.

The counters are usually resent if the power supply fails at some point. The above parts are responsible for the electrical power.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

welbeck
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9dci

Postby welbeck » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:03 pm

About a year ago my Megane dropped into limp mode with the message Check injection, tested it on an OBD machine and there was no fault, happened several times and started cutting out and not starting for a minute or so, anyway, long story short I thought it was the ECU, looked on ebay and could get one for £30, tried to take mine out, took two nuts off disconnected the 3 leads but couldn't get it out so I sprayed WD-40 into the leads before I reconnected them and have never had a problem since.

Return to “Problems / Questions”