Rear window washer

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Spudley

Rear window washer

Postby Spudley » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:32 am

Apologise for a seemingly obvious question. How do you activate the rear window washer with the automatic windscreen wipers? When you pull the stick towards you it washes the front window but the back wiper and washer do nothing. The rear wiper will work when the car is in reverse.
Thank you

daleksean
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane ii Oasis 1.5 dci in Ottoman Blue
2011 Honda Civic (FN2) Type R GT

Re: Rear window washer

Postby daleksean » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:37 pm

There is a turn switch on the end of the window wiper stalk, turn once (towards the instrument panel) to switch on rear wiper, turn again and hold to wash rear window. My wiper doesn't switch on when I put it into revere either, I've learned to live with just switching it on manually.
Hope this helps :-)

Spudley

Postby Spudley » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Thanks for the reply. There is no manual switch on the stalk. Only bit that turns is for the variable speed on the front wipers.

daleksean
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2005 Renault Megane ii Oasis 1.5 dci in Ottoman Blue
2011 Honda Civic (FN2) Type R GT

Postby daleksean » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:21 pm

That's very unusual, my Megane has another turn stalk next to the one for the variable speed, for the rear window. Um, i'm sorry but I don't know how to turn on the rear wiper if there isn't the turn bit on the end of the stalk.

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:11 pm

mine have that switch to, check the following picture, ive made a yellow circle around the part of the stalk that should twist. as you can see in this picture the stalk is in the position to make the rear window wiper work, if it twist a bit more it will activate the washer too.

once again i dont know why the picture is cut, it only happens in this forum. just go to the original URL and it will be ok.

cheers

Return to “Problems / Questions”