ready for starting but a few problems!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

craigyt
Just Passed

ready for starting but a few problems!

Postby craigyt » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:17 am

Right, on my megane II, to go from the 1.5 to the 1.9 iv had to change the fuel lines, meaning the lines are dry with nothing in from halfway down the car.

Its got the primer bulb but iv been pumping it for a while but still no diesel in the lines. Any ideas, tricks etc?

Also, i need to prime the oil feed to the turbo, but i have the start button with no key to turn, any ideas or procedure to follow to do it safely?

Oh and please dont start the old why not just buy one and tax and insurance stuff, i already know and had some chump try and make me look stupid on the renaultforum already!!

Cheers
Craig

taffyhl
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 Megane II 1.9 dynaique

Re: ready for starting but a few problems!

Postby taffyhl » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:15 am

I'm sure my Haynes manual says how to start safely after refitting a turbo.

Something like removing the fuel system relay or fuse so the car doesn't actually start but oil gets pumped around so the turbo feed pipes are full when you come to start properly. I'll have a look tonight and update with exact description.

craigyt
Just Passed

Postby craigyt » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:21 am

Nice one cheers dude

craigyt
Just Passed

Postby craigyt » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:36 pm

Well, got oil to the turbo!!

But still wont fire. Its saying immobiliser fault and check injection. I had the 130 eci virginised so shouldnt be an issue with immobiliser but iv just thought, iv had a 120 map put on but they run different egr and other bits, could this be my problem

Return to “Problems / Questions”