diy dephaser replacement

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

karl210

diy dephaser replacement

Postby karl210 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi,
Apologies if there is a how too on this forum but ive had a search and I cant find anything.
I have a reasonable idea what to do im just worried about knocking the timing out.

Ive bought the dephaser and cambelt kit etc and ive bought a locking tool which comes with a horseshoe looking bit that keept the cams in position and a pin for the crank and also another pin which im unsure what its for. Ive read that this is sufficient but ive also read some people saying you have to keep the cam sprockets locked/put them back in exactly the same position, is this true? I know they are keyless but surely it doesnt matter? Surely only the dephaser pulley needs to be removed anyway and the other sproket can stay on. any tips or links to useful threads would be great. I might be doing the clutch at the same time so will probably do it with the engine out of the car to save my knuckles, the clutch doesnt slip as such but the biting point is so high and sharp. Thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”