knocking from passenger side after coilovers fitted

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

cally
Currently Drives:: renualt megane saloon mrk 11

knocking from passenger side after coilovers fitted

Postby cally » Thu May 22, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi, I have just fitted coilovers to a megane mrk 2 but now i have a knocking coming from the back left.. It seems to be a comman problem.. some say its the spring loosing contact when going over a pothole then making contact with the body, others say its the bottom ball joint. Others say its the spring tension.. The coilover is sitting at its highest setting... The drivers side is fine... I have checked everything. All is secure. I have repositioned the exhaust heat shield but still there..

ANY SUGGESTIONS ANYONE....

craigyt
Just Passed

Re: knocking from passenger side after coilovers fitted

Postby craigyt » Thu May 22, 2014 4:20 pm

what coilovers are they?

my jom coilovers knocked after a week on the rear cos the bush in the bottom of the damper was loose, bit of super glue n knockin the edges in and it was sorted!

cally

Postby cally » Thu May 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Ta-Tec coilovers... There isnt any ball joints on the rear.. the shock is attached to the rear axel. the spring sits alone... im thinking the spring is loosing contact with the body when i go over rough ground then knocking back into place.. On the original springs there were rubbers which sat over a knuckle on the body.... On the coilovers there is no rubber and the hole on the top of the coilover is loose over the knuckle... I am going to remove the adjustment part of the coilover and refit the original rubber mount.. Weird thing is... its only the passenger side...

Meganeccdarren
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane cc

Postby Meganeccdarren » Thu May 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Super glue :banghead oh no no no !!!!

cally

Postby cally » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:08 pm

sent the lot back.... now waiting on apex springs and bilstein b4 shocks... fingers crossed this time

Return to “Problems / Questions”