Rear Wing/Quarter Panel - Welded or Bolted?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

GSMAnon
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II Dynamique

Rear Wing/Quarter Panel - Welded or Bolted?

Postby GSMAnon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Hey,

Had a bit of a bump to the driver's side rear wing of our 2006 Megane II 5 door hatch, and the wheel arch is all dented etc. Haven't yet decided whether to replace it or take it to a body shop for repairs, but on doing some internet research for pricing, etc, I've found that they are few and far between, and the ones I have found look like this:

This seems strange to me, because if you look at the car, you can see that the panel extends, at the top, all the way forwards over the car doors right down to the near the wing mirror, and extends, at the bottom, all the way underneath the doors until you get to the front wing. Whereas the ones online only seem to extend about a foot into the rear door, and are cut from then onwards.

So, what's the story - why are all the panels online cut at a certain point? Does this meant to replace it, I have to cut the old one off and have a join that shouldn't be there?

Also, is the panel welded on or bolted on, and how much of a job is it to replace it?

Return to “Problems / Questions”