Help needed URGENTLY (where possible!!)

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MegaCharlie
Currently Drives:: Scenic 2 1.5 Dci
Megane 2 1.9 Dci

Help needed URGENTLY (where possible!!)

Postby MegaCharlie » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:49 am

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum so I'd like to say what a great job you are doing, truly great to find answers for both my Renaults on here as and when needed! Many thanks indeed!

Right, to the subject at hand, I would really appreciate some help as I am desperate to get this on the road a.sa.p.

I have a Megane II 1.9 DCi 2003 that has problems with the following

I bought this car and I gave it to a friend who said they could put a new engine in it and it's come back with a heap of botch jobs and problems!!

I need photos of the whole of the engine bay along with photos of the connections on the battery as I have a few things that are cut and spliced and god knows, it's just a freakin mess!

I get in the car and all electrics work (miraculously) except the clocks, no power to where the milage is supposed to appear, just when I press the brake and press the start button, the service light comes on, and then goes off.

I haven't plugged it in to my OBD2 but hopefully will be able to on wednesday when I will be having a full day on the car!

I just want to see what goes where, if that makes any sense?

I am pretty bad with wiring diagrams etc but I honestly think, as there are loose connections somewhere, or badly bridged,all I think about is the clocks?? Could this be boiled straight down to ECU, has he fried it and I need a new one along with Card reader and Cards etc?

I know it's not overly hard to change an engine, now mine has no clutch, I can only select 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and reverse but 5th has disappeared!

I know it may be a lot to ask for someone to invest a bit of time but I am lost and I need this thing running as soon as!!

Any help really appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys!!

Return to “Problems / Questions”