Dephaser pully

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rooflessray
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MAGANE CONVERTABLE

Dephaser pully

Postby rooflessray » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:06 am

If the dephaser pully goes...can that do damage to the engine?????? :cry

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: Dephaser pully

Postby Stranger » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:09 am

Yes!
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

rooflessray

Postby rooflessray » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:24 pm

Oh good!

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 pm

Sorry to hear :(
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

12noon
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6 Authentique 2005

Postby 12noon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Twice today starting the car... Pressing the start button has started the car but also made a grinding sound. The car also didn't last long in tick over and stalled. Restarting and giving the car a bit of revs kept the car going though, but something must be wrong. I'm guessing i might have the dephaser pulley problem ?

The car has been starting normal until today, but i've had other problems and i've only had the car a month. I've got a speedo that is ten mph out and a noise that i'm guessing is a CV joint that needs replacing. The car also sounds like the engine is making a waving pattern type of noise while driving and the car is slow off the mark in first gear, then the gear change into second doesn't always go well, before the speed starts to pick up.

I also have a cardkey that i keep getting told to change the battery on and i need 3 new tyres. All in all this car is going to cost me a fortune to put right. Doh!

What sort of cost am i looking at to get the dephaser pulley fixed and does it have to go into a Renault garage or can a local garage do the job ?
2005 Renault Megane Dynamique 1.6 16V (Manual / Petrol)

rooflessray

Postby rooflessray » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:21 pm

From what I have heard it is not cheap doing the Dephaser pully and the belts that go with it.....mine is being sorted by the nice garage men that sold it to me....... I hope....will let you know how it sounds and goes after Friday the 9th.....at the moment it sounds like a quite diesel.

rooflessray

Postby rooflessray » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Got car back and it is 150 percent better...its had everything changed in the timing belt area including water pump...sounds a lot better...still has a tinny noise from the top end when bonnets open,but an engine cover should sort that if I can find one....nice. :-)

Return to “Problems / Questions”