Really Need Help Urgently!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Liggy
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Black 2004 Renault Megane CC Privilege

Really Need Help Urgently!

Postby Liggy » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi everyone,

I ran out of diesel the other day on my way home. I've since put 10 litres of fuel in the car from a jerry can, but when trying to start the car it' was ticking over and nothing was happening.

I was down using the primer pump and checking the injectors there. Fuel does seem to be getting through to the injectors, but I don't think there's enough power in my battery to start the car. When I press the starter button it just clicks and nothing happens after that. Would it be a good idea to try and jump start it? I did see a few drops of diesel coming out of the injectors when I removed them and I checked each one. An air bubble did move through the fuel line from the priming pump, but I haven't seen any more air running through it.

What can you guys advise me to do? Is it just a case of a jump start needing done, or have I f**ked the whole car up? Lol!

Thanks.
2004 Renault Megane CC Privilege 1.9DCI.

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: Really Need Help Urgently!

Postby freelanderuk » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:46 pm

First of all can you get your battery charged fully, I have never run out of diesel and don't know if you have to crack open each injector to bleed or if there is a bleed screw
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: Really Need Help Urgently!

Postby AlexB » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:45 pm

You need to read the factory manual regarding the injectors, because you have disturbed them. Visit the sticky thread with manuals, you need MR364MEGANE1.pdf file. There are many procedures and warnings about them. Even a small amount of dirt entering the system will cost you.

Priming is done with the manual pump only. If it doesn't work, then replace the corresponding parts. Do not attempt to start if there is no fuel seen in the clear pipe to the HP pump. It needs the fuel as a lubricant.

Any flat batteries older than 4 years are supposed to be replaced. See the parts forum for the links.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”