Window regulator problem/solution

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Window regulator problem/solution

Postby morganjake1544 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Thinking about selling the beloved Megane and sod's law the rear window stopped working. As the car is older than 7 years Renault's 75% contribution is off the table.
Then I remembered a post about a man who repairs them, so I found him on Ebay and thought I'd risk the £30 to have the module repaired. Got the thing out of the door (after initially discovering I didn't have a Torx size 8 screwdriver) and posted it off. It was back within 48 hours and back on it went. It works perfectly (still with autoclosure) and has a 12 month g'tee. Happy days.
Total cost £35. (£30 repair + £1 Torx 8 screwdriver + £4 postage)
Highly recommend the service.
Here is the link in case it's of use to anyone else
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-MEGANE-WINDOW-MOTOR-REGULATOR-MODULE-REPAIR-TEMIC-12-MONTHS-WARRANTY-/251270963983?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a80eaa30f

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

fredted1
Currently Drives:: 58 reg megan2

Re: Window regulator problem/solution

Postby fredted1 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:57 pm

He repaired mine as well. and my sons. highly recommend him, nice easy repair, just follow this you tube vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcdULQXKcek

Wakey George
Currently Drives:: Megane Sport Tourer, 1.5dci estate 53 reg.

Postby Wakey George » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:42 pm

You`ve got your wires crossed here mister, the guy said he had the original module repaired not the silly exspensive box that you and your son have fitted that only does half the function`s of the module???

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:10 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-MEGANE-WINDOW-MOTOR-REGULATOR-MODULE-REPAIR-TEMIC-12-MONTHS-WARRANTY-/251270963983?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a80eaa30f

Remove the controller, send it to the above chap. It will be returned within 48 hours, repaired and g'teed for a year and you will retain all the original functionality, for £30.

You can phone him if you have any problems removing or refitting the part and there are photos and links to videos to guide you through it.

I have no affiliation with him but he repaired mine and the service was first rate so I would recommend the service.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Return to “Problems / Questions”