Reverse Lights not working

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

makepeace1

Reverse Lights not working

Postby makepeace1 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:05 pm

I know this has been asked before but not sure what i need to get or if anyone can tell me any different

I got in my car today and it came up and said electronic fault i have had a look for blown fuses but cant find any under the bonnet or in the car
since doing that the light that says theres a fault has gone off

but i still don't have any reverse lights

i have done what someone recommended and put the front wipers on and then putting it in reverse and the rear wiper didn't do anything were they would normaly wipe (i have tested rear wiper and that works)

does this sound like the reverse switch sensor ? if so would someone be able to tell me what to get as im not sure

its a megane II 1.5DCI 86PSI

chewbacker
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: megane 19 dci

Re: Reverse Lights not working

Postby chewbacker » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Sounds faulty to me. You can check by shorting the 2 wires that go to the switch together and the light should come on along with the rear wiper. The switches are more or less universal on all renaults so unipart or a good motorfactors should be able to supply the part. Its a simply unscrew and screw new one in. They are normaly below the oil level so you must be quick to prevent losing to much oil

Return to “Problems / Questions”