Car keeps locking and unlocking rapidly

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

hoochy1602
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dc1 04 plate

Car keeps locking and unlocking rapidly

Postby hoochy1602 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:45 pm

I noticed yesterday after pulling up into a service station that when i stop and turn the engine off, the door locks click as if they are opening and closing but they do it repeatedly for about 5 seconds. I took the key card out of the slot and tried again and it didnt happen. I sat in the car while my passenger ran to the gents and the car randomly did it again without having to touch anything :-(

I went to get into the car this morning and it did it again and i noticed it came from the boot too.

Has anybody got any ideas as to what it could be? Im hoping its something really simple to solve - thanks in advance :D

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Re: Car keeps locking and unlocking rapidly

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:31 pm

wifes did this parked up outside house, i took battery out of remote and it stopped, gave her spare card and consigned other to cupboard, looks like in our case the remote button had collapsed internally causing it to transmit and try to open car
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

dazbex
Currently Drives:: megane 1.5 dci maxim 5door, silver

Re: Car keeps locking and unlocking rapidly

Postby dazbex » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 pm

MAKE SURE ALL DOORS ARE CLOSED PROPERLY

Return to “Problems / Questions”