" Steering not locked "

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ellabooth
Currently Drives:: renault megane 2.0 sport

Re: " Steering not locked "

Postby ellabooth » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:00 pm

RENAULT MEGANE'S ONLY,I KNOW OF A FULL OVER RIDE FOR THIS PROBLEM WITH STEERING LOCK, IF YOU GETTING ANY FAULTS WITH YOUR LOCKING UNIT WHERE YOUR ENGINE WILL NOT START, OR START ONLY NOW AND THEN,STOP LIGHT ON, SERVICE LIGHT ON, ELECTRONIC FAULT DISPLAYING, STEERIN ON, STEERING OFF PROBLEMS OR ANY FAULT WITH STEERING LOCK I CAN GET ROUND THIS BUT ONLY THING IS IT WILL STILL DISPLAY THE ELECTRONIC FAULT ON THE DISPLAY AND STOP SIGN IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE KNOW MORE INBOX ME THANKS MARTIN

jobyone
Currently Drives:: Renault Clio sport, Clio 1.6 and scenic 1.5 coal burner

Re: " Steering not locked "

Postby jobyone » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:42 pm

hi all, after a bit of help see if you guys can get me out of a hole again.... My scenic decided not to start after dropping my bad off to nurse the other day engine was trying to fire but not starting after removing the key card error message on dash steering unlocked , I've tried a replacement Virginised steering box which clicks 3 times when trying to start and also locked out the steering error message steering locked this time, so I've had both boxes apart and used the best parts to make a working locking mechanism where the pin slides in and out nicely with my original board, having given this a try I now have the car trying to turn over with injection fault displaying on dash and on removal of key steering unlocked message ??? I've so far also replaced battery, cleaned out fuse box and connections, check wiring for rubbing/damage , cleaned and tested fuses on positive battery terminal and the usual shouting at it..... Any ideas, suggestions or similar experiences would be greatly appreciated thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”