Dephaser pulley

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

talbotvilla72a
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane

Dephaser pulley

Postby talbotvilla72a » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:11 pm

hi ya,

I have a 2007 Megane and started experiencing noises from engine March 2011. I took it into Renault and the said it was the Dephaser pulley. They paid 70% of the costs so I ended up having to pay around £150 to get the repair done. I have now started to get the same sound, contacted renault and they have said that it will need to be done again, and will pay 70% of the work. I have said to them that they should repair it free of charge, but cam eback saying no. I am not happy as already paid this out last year. Is there any advice anyone could give me

cheers

edward2
Learner Driver

Re: Dephaser pulley

Postby edward2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:07 pm

I dont really know. But would have thought outside warenty so 70 percent sounds better than nothing. May be for customer service renult should but then again if renault fixed everycar megane that built for free would be unaffordable may be.

I am not sure what the legal postion is with cars outside warenty is a build in desgin fault is the manufatur liable for the life of the vechcile, i would doubt that.

If it is not liable for the duration of the vechcile what would be your claim?. That the previous repair should have lasted longer than it did so want the previous repaire re done? How long ago was the previous repair done was there a guarettee on it?

I dont know to me 70 percent sounds generous if no easily proved liabilit, if could not take a succesful legal action etc. Even if can because of the cost of legal action in small claims if use a lawyer would still be cheaper to accept the 70 percent. If not shut and dry case such as breach of guarettee on work or warenty.

If was renault knowing sold defective enginnering etc that was not fit for purpose or acceptable quality not sure if time bar or if even applicable know nothing, if say car never desgined properly need exbertise witness etc they problery spend lot of money defending from coperate etc would be problery be a no starter unless a borded lawyer.

Not sure what avenue would be if any easy options unless the last fix has guarettee or is with in period that would reasonably have expected to have lasted in context of the work etc

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Postby Stranger » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:16 pm

If it's been repaired within the last 12 months the parts, provided they were Renault approved parts installed at a VAT registered workshop, will still be under warranty and therefore should be repaired again totally free of charge.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:42 am

talbotvilla72a,

I assume the car was fully serviced in March 2011. Was it also serviced in spring 2012? What oil was used since replacement the dephaser?
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”