ignition probs

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

natty36
Currently Drives:: renault megane 54 reg diesel 1.5 dci

ignition probs

Postby natty36 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:18 am

hi all i have a renault megane 54 reg diesel 1.5 dci, had few probs with it starting so had new b( has last battery was completly dead) put on now shes starts, but it seems whne i take the key card out of the slot the dash boared etc isnt shutting down, the steering isnt locking either, the drivers window doesnt work how it should do and the wipers cum on at there free will, the system seems to clsoe down once car is locked but thinking sumthing is draing the battery has any body got any ideas please

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: ignition probs

Postby tomalamix » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:29 pm

search for UCH water ingress in the forum, the symptoms point in that direction...

good luck

peter h
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6 VVT Dynamique Auto

Re: ignition probs

Postby peter h » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:33 am

natty36 wrote:hi all i have a renault megane 54 reg diesel 1.5 dci, had few probs with it starting so had new b( has last battery was completly dead) put on now shes starts, but it seems whne i take the key card out of the slot the dash boared etc isnt shutting down, the steering isnt locking either, the drivers window doesnt work how it should do and the wipers cum on at there free will, the system seems to clsoe down once car is locked but thinking sumthing is draing the battery has any body got any ideas please

minw does similar but none of the random moving stuff.

imine is a 2008 meg 2 and i press stop and remove the key. the dash lights are still on and lights etc until i press the lock key when everything turns off. i think its ment to work that way. but would look at your drivers door wiring loom. as i have had mine replaced recently.,

Return to “Problems / Questions”