Service interval/light question

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Wookies Missus
Currently Drives:: 2007 megane 1.5dci

Service interval/light question

Postby Wookies Missus » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi, new to this so bear with me

I have a 2007 megane 1.5dci

Up until last year it was serviced as per the service intervals

Last August the engine dropped a camshaft bearing. Engine was rebuilt and all is well

As the engine was rebuilt it had new everything accessorie wise replaced (timing belt, water pump...the usual stuff)
At the time of reinstalltion the service due milage was sitting around 2k but seeing as I had just had the engine rebuilt I decided to reset the service light. Again no problems there

Finally....my question......

I had around 8k left to run until the next service (current overall milage 78420) but today the service due message has appeard. No warning lights, no other messages, no spanner, no stop light

Any ideas? Is it saying service due because of the milage? It thinks the cam belt should be changed?

I have reset the service light and plan to have the service carried out in another 8000 miles, am I right or wrong to do this?
Worth taking it to have OBD plugged in to check fault codes?

Thanks

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: Service interval/light question

Postby davelowe » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 pm

As long as the service interval has not been exceeded by either time or date (take service interval to mean oil and filter change) since the previous one, you are fine to ignore the warning.

This is unless you are on a reduced schedule to bed in the new parts, or because you are paranoid about the state of your engine (I am ;-)).

From memory, the computer just ticks off the miles since the last reset, and flags it up. Unless you get a message (which you haven't) such as 'change oil soon' or something spectacular, all is well. It won't indicate 'what' should be done, just the bog standard stuff in the manual for that mileage.

Panic over!?
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Wookies Missus
Currently Drives:: 2007 megane 1.5dci

Postby Wookies Missus » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:56 am

Many thanks, you are a gent! :cool:

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:41 am

computer just ticks off the miles since the last reset

Also counts down 12 months, as the interval is 'x miles or 12 months whichever is soonest'.

I've never hit the service mileage in mine (nearly 7 years old with only 36,000 miles) but the service message lights up every 12 months.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Return to “Problems / Questions”