low battery warning

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

shimsh
Currently Drives:: megane 2 2005
megane2 2007

Re: low battery warning

Postby shimsh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi,
In my case, the problem was a faulty voltage regulator of the alternator. The indicator for this problem was that the charging level of the battery was not stable.
The electrician replaced the voltage regulator without removing the alternator.

Mmc26
Currently Drives:: Mégane tourer 2008

Postby Mmc26 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi
I’ve seen the comment on hear “ check the wheel arch liner” does this men you need to unclip a connector then clean and spray with Ed 40? The stop light and low battery warning are lit on my 08 megane tourer, any help much appreciated - I’m no mechanic

Mmc26
Currently Drives:: Mégane tourer 2008

Postby Mmc26 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:53 pm

AlexB wrote:What happens, I guess, is that the UPC stops registering the battery voltage correctly and applies an overly high current to the exciter.

Check the left front wheel arch liner as usual, then the UPC connectors, then start tracing the wires by the circuit diagrams. I would imagine you have already checked to wires to the battery terminals...

Do you mean there’s a connector to take apart, clean and spray with Ed 40 in the wheel arch?
Thanks

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:23 pm

I meant that there can be corrosion damage to the UPC if the wheel arch liner let's spray in. This is easy - either fix the visible damage or replace the block. This is what garages usually do.

If it is OK, then significant expertise will be needed to check the functions of the individual signals. This is not easy.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”