Problem with myself and not my car!! ***FRAPE***

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wanda
F1 Driver

Problem with myself and not my car!! ***FRAPE***

Postby wanda » Sun May 13, 2012 7:27 pm

Ok guys I need some serious advice here, I have just come to realise that I am officially the worlds worst husband and my wife truly deserves better. What do you suggest I do to turn it all around and make her happy? I am just too obsessed with my Wanda (car, megane cc) half the time to even worry about how she feels and what it is she would like from me!! Life is tough sometimes but I just thought I could put it out there to all you guys and see what you think I should do!!
Last edited by wanda on Mon May 14, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: Problem with myself and not my car!!

Postby joeishmather » Sun May 13, 2012 8:09 pm

What are you asking here?
I feel like this sometimes, I feel like my wife and I have no time for each other, we're either working doing our own thing or looking after our daughter, it's difficult unless we make the time to actually get out and spend quality time together.
I can completely see where your coming from.
Unsure tho whether your saying of rather spend time in my car and my wife deserves better shall I leave her or how can I make it up to her!!

Also this is abit deep for this forum isn't it!lol

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Sun May 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Like a computer, I can only offer the following advice: if you don't know what's wrong with it, interrogate it. In computer terms, this means diagnostics, in human terms, it means talking AND listening. And (please don't flame me for saying this), reading between the lines - women have a totally different psychological way of interpreting things. Bear this is mind, and good luck.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 pm

I've passed a few months ago a wife problem and im still dealing with the problem, but meanwhile ive noticed several things that i should had improved before things got through the braking point (im still in the battle trying to revive our relation, but for now im living at my mom house...).

Let me ask you a few questions:

How much you talk with her about simple things, how's work or stuff like that?

Do you answer to her questions straight forward without hesitation?

How long ago did you make a good dinner or launch at home during the weekend?

When did you bought her flowers disregarding the special days (birthday, valentines...) ?

How much do you play around with your daughter? Take her out, teaching her riding the bike or whatever...?

When was the last time you both went to the cinema, to the bar, soccer game together, dance on the club? (let your daughter with her mother or your dad, or sister, someone...)

i can keep going on with questions, believe me because ive made my self this questions and the alround result is extremely bad. with your answer you can take a picture if things are going fine or not.

Is very important to talk with her, a small talk (half an hour is enough), and ask her what she would like to do to improve your life together. expect from her the truth. with this start you will be able to start making things to work more smoothly, in the end both of you (including your little lady) must be happy, this is the final purpose, and impress her on some weekends, make a tour somewhere all together, make things to impress and when it is least expected, well, use your mind

i know that right now im some kind of a looser but ive made mistakes (too much mistakes), try not to make the same as i did

good luck

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon May 14, 2012 5:30 pm

Sorry guys.

My wife has got revenge for the nagging wife frape I did on her facebook page and hi jacked my username here.

Dont worry she will get a good hiding + banned from driving my car for a while.

Dont be surprised if she gets called up in the Leveson enquiry.

Women, you cant live with them and.... dont remember how the rest goes.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: Problem with myself and not my car!! ***FRAPE***

Postby joeishmather » Mon May 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Lmao, she read the responses?

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon May 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Sometimes. I didn't think she would stoop this low. The battle ground was supposed to be Facebook only.

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Mon May 14, 2012 7:47 pm

nice...

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Mon May 14, 2012 9:29 pm

I now feel guilty that some good advice has come through.

I will share a bit of my experiences.

I guess we are one of the lucky ones. I am the sole earner in our family and fortunately bring in enough to keep my wife at home who looks after our one and only 19 month daughter.

Now obviously I need to spend a bit more time than the traditional 9 - 5 to make this happen but I think its worth it. Our plan was we both sacrificing our own way, me with time away from home by working and bringing home the bacon and her by focusing her energy on our baby.

Obviously time as a couple is scarce and I do miss it. But my plan was to suffer now so my child doesn't have to.

I try to make it up by having holidays here and there but running my own business is very time consuming.

I wish she enjoyed cars as much as I do so that I could take her to meets. :D

I make a conscious effort in spending more time with her, I think ultimately that is the key to a long term happy marriage.

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Tue May 15, 2012 1:15 am

Wanda,

The trouble is that you are spending too much time with your car. Try paragliding as a long-term remedy, have some beer meanwhile.

It is more difficult to troubleshoot the other half. You may want to ask someone who knows the system, the gf for example. Not on a social network, of course...

The truth is that no one is liked or loved for what they are not. So, be more of whoever you are.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue May 15, 2012 11:56 am

I would say my car is my hobbie. But women and children come first.

tres103
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: megane sport 175dci

Postby tres103 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Must be fair read this post made me chuckle.

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue May 15, 2012 8:21 pm

He still doesn't learn though as here I am again lol Sorry to you guys who thought it was for real and gave him some sound advice I just hope he read it properly and will make a few changes here and there!! On a plus side I am glad it made a few of you chuckle!!! As for the Hubby he isn't too bad really, he works hard to keep a roof over our head and loves our daughter like a good Daddy should!!! I just wish he didn't spend so much time and money on his beloved car, It has been bought far more things than he has ever bought me and she is just a scrap of metal ;-)

Until next time

Ciao for now

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Tue May 15, 2012 10:18 pm

I think it is about time this (as I read it) topic is closed pending the resumption good relationship harmony is restored via more conventional means.

So far as a brief google search of the term 'frape' reveals, it is irrelevant to amateur car and amateur relationship advice.

Unless I have totally misunderstood, I direct you here: https://www.relate.org.uk/home/index.html
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

wanda
F1 Driver

Postby wanda » Tue May 15, 2012 11:26 pm

davelowe wrote:I think it is about time this (as I read it) topic is closed pending the resumption good relationship harmony is restored via more conventional means.

So far as a brief google search of the term 'frape' reveals, it is irrelevant to amateur car and amateur relationship advice.

Unless I have totally misunderstood, I direct you here: https://www.relate.org.uk/home/index.html

Please do, I need to change my password as some women don't learn.

Return to “Problems / Questions”