1.5 DCI 'Check Injection' & won't cold start

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: 1.5 DCI 'Check Injection' & won't cold start

Postby davelowe » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Tom is spot on I think. 'cont' in an error code might mean continuity. Since the car has suffered accident damage you are well advised to check the wiring between the injector and wherever it leads. Chafed and broken cables are readily hidden by wiring loom liners. You may have to open up these conduits to get at the actual leads.

It might appear that the glow plug angle is in fact a red herring (although it should have one). I know the 1.9 engines will start from cold without the plugs, but not sure about the 1.5. If both the injector and the glow plugs are missing, you will have an issue, although this doesn't explain why it runs fine when hot. Then again, if it fails intermittently when warm, back to the mystery cable/connection problem.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Em234
Currently Drives:: Renault megane scenic 1.5 dci

Postby Em234 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Hi, I'm curious as to weather you managed to solve this problem as I am having similar trouble with my 04 renault megane scenic 1.5dci ? Regards

scooterrs12
Currently Drives:: chevrolet tacuma 2 ltr auto cdx and a renault megane oasis 1.5 dci

Postby scooterrs12 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:58 pm

mine does not even crank over?

Return to “Problems / Questions”