Re: Help with Exhaust fumes

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:39 pm

Yours is a Megane, not Scenic. The aircon intake is in the bulkhead, which is isolated from the engine compartment. This, however, is not important, as there should be no fumes under the bonnet. You need to find where they are coming from - there are not too many things under the bonnet to examine.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

AnToNy
Currently Drives:: Megane mk3 1.9Dci 130.

Postby AnToNy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi
I've been smelling diesel on the odd occasion lately but struggled to locate it as I don't have any patches on the floor and I'm not using anymore than usual.
My gauge started playing up so I thought maybe it's the sender, a seal gone or something.
I did look in the engine bay today and after removing the engine cover I could see "dampness" below the injectors on the head. Basically I'm thinking the seals are leaking but I had these changed a few years back for an mot!!
Should or can they go again?
Any help would be much appreciated.
It's a mk3 2009 1.9dci megane.
I'm considering replacing the injectors for moderate performance ones if they've got to come out anyway but ive no idea of the cost for that???

ikhan
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5 DCi (106)

Postby ikhan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:08 pm

I had this on mine - it was the EGR cooler pipe that was leaking. No obvious signs, but it was replaced and has been fine ever since. On the 1.5, there is a modified part available which I'm guessing means that this must be a common problem.
Renault Megane 1.5dCi (106)
Lowered 45mm (Spax)
RenaultSport R26 Front & Rear Bumpers, Spoilers, Door Bullets, & Exhaust
6000k HIDs (H7 & H11), LED Side, No Plate, & Interior Lights
18" Inovit Tarmac Alloys (matt black)

Return to “Problems / Questions”