1.6vvt sensors!!!!!!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

carlbentham
Currently Drives:: megane 1.6 dynamique

1.6vvt sensors!!!!!!!

Postby carlbentham » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Gunna have a play with the motor this week, any one be able to give me a list of all sensors on car as I'm gunna remove and clean em all plus clean t body and spark plugs, just to try fix running probs, don't need to know where thhey are as I got access to diaologys so just need a list of all engine sensors. Cheers in advance

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: 1.6vvt sensors!!!!!!!

Postby AlexB » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi carlbentham,

I doubt that cleaning the sensors without understanding how the engine works would help. Some of these sensors can be damaged by cleaning (MAF and O2), the others do not require cleaning at all. Careful with the spark plugs. Installation of the coils without using the special insulating grease may cause coil failure.

In your engine most of running problems are attributed to coils (servicing without the insulating grease), dephaser (using the garage supplied oil or specified service intervals) and the throttle body (needs occasional cleaning). If it runs fine, then you can "revive" it further by replacing the O2 sensor.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”