Elec window / wiper wash / stereo - linked problems?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

__spc__
Learner Driver

Elec window / wiper wash / stereo - linked problems?

Postby __spc__ » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi,

Strange behaviour over the last couple of days on my '53 plate Megane...

First, the front driver's side electric window's stopped working. It was closed, and wouldn't open/go down. I did the reset thing, then it went down/up no problem. When I next used the car, same problem again, only this time not curable by resetting the system (both front window buttons pulled up for 10 seconds). The switch 'clicks' on pushing/pulling (and a slight 'nnnh' from inside the door), just no movement of the window.

Secondly, today the windscreen washer jets stopped working. The wipers work fine on their own, but when I operate the wiper-wash, NO wiper movement and no water jet/squirt - no noise, no nothing. So, although the washer jet motor/unit was replaced 2 months ago, this is something different...

Thirdly, shortly after I noticed the wash jet problem, the stereo 'beeped' and switched itself off - whilst I was driving. I thought it only did this when the engine/ignition was off. The stereo does NOT turn itself off when I switch off the engine and exit the car, which it always used to do.

So, I seem to have 3 'electrical faults' that seem to be linked (only as it feels too much to be a coincidence).

Any thoughts anyone..?

EDIT: Just discovered that the rear window demist and the air-con are also not functioning... One big fat fuse somewhere gone pop??!
Last edited by __spc__ on Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
5dr 1.6VVT Hatch, Pearl Black Megane Dynamique + Comfort Pack, '53 plate

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: Elec window / wiper wash / stereo - linked problems?

Postby davelowe » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:34 pm

I can offer no sensible thought other than you might have a problem with the UCH or water damage in the door.

Study here: https://ray-lee.co.uk/megane/dialogys/MR364MEGANE8.pdf and see if you can find a connection.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Return to “Problems / Questions”