MEGANE HEADLAMP BULB CLIP MISSING!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

martink0709
Currently Drives:: 2007 Megane 5Dr 1.5D 106

MEGANE HEADLAMP BULB CLIP MISSING!

Postby martink0709 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi all
First post, so hopefully someone can help - have looked through the posts and can't see an answer to this one - apologies if its' already been covered! Have a 2007 Megane 5dr with a blown nearside dip bulb - not too big a problem, though I know they're a pain to get to - however when I removed the cover over the bulb housing, the bulb came straight out - there is no clip holding it in place! Clearly its been lost at some point, but thought "no problem, I'll ring up and order one as a spare" - only to be told they aren't available as a spare and that I'd have to order a complete headlamp unit! Any ideas of a source, perhaps off another model, or is it just a case of scouring the scrapyards?!
Cheers
Martink0709

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Re: MEGANE HEADLAMP BULB CLIP MISSING!

Postby morganjake1544 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Here's a bit of lateral thinking for you........

.........get yourself one of those big 3 inch long metal paper clips (they're about a foot long when straightened out) and make yourself a bulb clip using the one from the other headlamp as a template.

The big paper clip will be more than long enough and from what I remember the metal is almost identical in cross section and 'springiness' to a bulb clip.

Worth a go?

:?:
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Starman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Proton 1.6 Lxi Wira

Postby Starman » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi there.
Be careful.. I thought the same thing when Halfrauds fitted a bulb for me. They never fitted it correctly so I tried to sort it out myself. I went back to Halfrauds ranting and raving, blah blah... Turns out they are just a push fit! They do only go in properly in one position, and it's just a bit fiddly! But they do actually push into place. All the above assuming you're fitting standard H7 bulbs into a projector type light!?
Take your time for the first time you do this. It may even be easier for you to remove the particular wheel so you can see a bit more!

Good luck..

J.
:cool:

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Starman may be onto something here: my H7 Halogens are press fit only - neither has a clip. Either it has been lost during the passage of time or else, there was a re-design. Both work flawlessly.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Postby pw981 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:41 pm

I believe that the facelift post 2007 Megane with projector style headlights do without the clip and are indeed push fit only.
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

Return to “Problems / Questions”