Stalling straight after starting

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Mercyxx76xx
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 53 Reg

Stalling straight after starting

Postby Mercyxx76xx » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi everyone,

Well I have joined here hoping someone can help me, I have just got my Megane 53 reg back from the garage after a service and MOT, but before I took it into the garage I had these issues, the engine Stalls straight after starting (after keeping revs at about 2000 for a few mins it seems to run fine) Also I have SERVICE light lit and the engine light lit (But this goes off every now and again).
After doing some research I am figuring its something to do with either the throttle sensor ?? or Crank shaft sensor being clogged up, are these easy too clean up myself or is it a garage job, after spending £400+ to get it through its MOT I cant afford to payout any more so thought I could have a try at doing this myself if its not a difficult job,

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mercy

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: Stalling straight after starting

Postby AlexB » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:42 pm

It's a 1.6 petrol, isn't it?
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Mercyxx76xx
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 53 Reg

Postby Mercyxx76xx » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Sorry Alex,

Its a 1390cc 16v Petrol hope that helps x

Surfhunny
Currently Drives:: Megane Coupe Cabriolet

Postby Surfhunny » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Mine has been doing this intermittently for the past two and a half years. I know it's not much help but I'm so used to getting in and revving up to 2000 revs to get it to catch. I've tried taking it to my mechanic but it only does it from a cold start, so by the time I get to his garage it behaves perfectly. I've left it with him overnight and it still starts first time for him. Randomly it's worse (ie everytime from cold) if I use supermarket petrol and does it very rarely if I stick to Total petrol. Another joy of owning a Megane.

Return to “Problems / Questions”