Starting problem - brake/clutch

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Crummock
Currently Drives:: megane dci 100

Starting problem - brake/clutch

Postby Crummock » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Hi,
Has anyone else had this problem?
I recently had to call the AA as my megane dci wouldn't start. The AA man got it started and told me to push down both the clutch and the brake and hold in the button until it started and it then started each time he tried it. Since then, I have only been able to start it if I hold down the brake and press start (it wont start if I hold down the clutch).
Has anyone else experienced this and can it be rectified?
Thanks

Rapidshed
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2003 megane dci 120

Re: Starting problem - brake/clutch

Postby Rapidshed » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:33 pm

mines always only started on the brake and button although the message states clutch, howver mine will not start in gear, even with clutch depressed

is yours in neutral? an
d as long as it starts why be to fussed lol.

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Postby morganjake1544 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:37 pm

There is a switch on both the brake and clutch pedals so either (or both together) can be depressed to start the car. If your car won't start by pressing the clutch alone then either you have a broken switch or wire behind the clutch pedal. It's a minor job and cheap to fix, quite a common issue.
If you search the site someone will probably already have posted a step by step to solve it.

:)

PS It's worth getting it sorted because if the other switch breaks it the car won't start at all.
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

Crummock
Currently Drives:: megane dci 100

Postby Crummock » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:48 pm

thanks for that i will give it a try

Return to “Problems / Questions”