Lights on, braking and indicating left

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

xwemr
Currently Drives:: 2007 Black 1.6 Dynamique Megane II -5 Door

Lights on, braking and indicating left

Postby xwemr » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:55 am

Have noticed whilst using the brakes in these darker days /nights with the lights on , when indicating left ,the indicator and audible click go into an erratic speed ,almost morse code if I could say that.
Please could you advise,I think it sounds like ..--..(dot dot dash dash dot dot)which means ?(Question Mark)
:roll:
cheers
Pete

chewbacker
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: megane 19 dci

Re: Lights on, braking and indicating left

Postby chewbacker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:13 am

sounds like either a short or a faulty relay, what happens if you use the hazard switch?

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:03 am

take out the rear cluster and check inside for rust on the cables that goes for the chassis, unfortunately is common to happen

good luck

rob7475
Currently Drives:: megane 2 1.5 dci tech run 2008

Postby rob7475 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:38 pm

I've been having exactly the same problem on my megane. I tried changing bulbs, reseating bulbs but the problem always came back after about a day. Last thing I tried was spaying some silicone (https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 55223#dtab) on the electrical connections in the light cluster and everything has been fine for about a month now.

Cheers

Rob

mattybloke

Postby mattybloke » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:26 pm

ive also had this problem.

i checked the earth connections , checked the terminals for rust and all were ok.

it turned out to be the plug on the loom that goes into the rear light cluster , the connections were loose , so all i did was push them together sightly with a small screwdriver to make the connection better and all is ok.

how long this lasts is anyones guess but its worth a go.

Return to “Problems / Questions”