Water leak in passenger door

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Moly
Currently Drives:: Renaul Megane II 1.5 (80) Diesel Dynamique

Water leak in passenger door

Postby Moly » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:59 pm

Hi all
My wife has a 2004 Megane II 1.5 diesel Dynamic. We have a water leak in the passenger side, door pocket that can have 1 or 2 inches of rain water in it. We have tried to trace where the leak is coming from and wonder if the mirror is allowing the water in. (We have electric mirrors on the car)
We do not suffer with water in the foot well but need to sponge the water out regularly from the pocket.
I have scanned the net to find a solution to what appears to be a common problem but have found no definitive answer.
I would welcome any feedback from anyone who has suffered with the same problem and cured it.
Many thanks!
Paul

Sadret89
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: RENAULT MEGANE 1.5dci 80, INDUCTION KIT, 8K XENON HEADLIGHTS, 225 SPORT FULL BODY-KIT & EXHAUST SYSTEM, SOUND SYSTEM, TDI TUNING BOX, EDC BLACK STUFF FRONT BRAKE PADS

Re: Water leak in passenger door

Postby Sadret89 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:19 am

I am in the same situation too. Cant understand where it comes from as it my driver side only!

If anyone has answer please answer us :-)
Check out the progress viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13676

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:02 am

i saw a few threads about this around here. It involves taking the door cover out and place a curtain behind the speaker to avoid the water ingress through the speaker cover. the situation is better covered on those threads

cheers

Piney
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 16v water tank

Postby Piney » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:19 pm

I tried the speaker solution with no luck
So I got myself a sheet of plastic and placed it between the door and panel and cutting out sections for wires etc then gaffa taped all edges and made sure that the drain for the door was clear so water can flow out (bottom front of door a small hole)

Now I just need to sort out water in floor compartment lol
Megane 1.6 WTOW (water tank on wheels)

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:47 am

both sides or only one side have water?

Return to “Problems / Questions”