1.4 extreme Not Starting When Start Button Pressed

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jamieleebridge
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.4 16V Extreme

1.4 extreme Not Starting When Start Button Pressed

Postby jamieleebridge » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi,

Problems started yesterday, when i insert my keycard the dashlights radio etc all turn on but the engine doesnt try to start, even sometimes get the click as if its going to try but then it doesn't. All lights came on and then off with just the battery light left on, after a while the car started as normal. Once I had finished my drive and turned engine off i tried to start again and it started no problem.

Would this just be the battery on its way out and needs replacing, because the battery light didn't come on every time i tried to start, only a couple of times. Also confuses me that it does start after a while.

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Re: 1.4 extreme Not Starting When Start Button Pressed

Postby Ray » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:55 am

i'd start with battery.
my original battery from factory barely lasted 3 years.

jamieleebridge

Postby jamieleebridge » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:48 am

Where is the best place to get a battery from? I was looking at these guys? https://www.thebatteryguys.co.uk/, unless I can get off work early to get to a local place that should sell them.

Is there any guides to changing the battery anywhere? I havn't managed to find anything from my googling.

jamieleebridge

Postby jamieleebridge » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:26 pm

Ok so ive sorted out somewhere to go and get a battery from after work and someone to fit it.

I just ran the car for 25 mins in the hope of charging up the battery. Car would start with clutch down, started second time with brake down. Ran for 25 mins. When I tried to start again after the 25 mins it still wouldn't start with clutch down and only with the brake down.

jamieleebridge

Postby jamieleebridge » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:56 pm

New battery fitted, didn't fix. Closer inspection and one of the wires that connects to the sensor? on the clutch had worn through. Ive had it stripped back a little and put back in and this has got it working, but where would i be able to get these plugs? from.

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:01 pm

renault... :)

Return to “Problems / Questions”