first of many problems i need help with !

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

DISCOdash
Currently Drives:: nothing as its always MIL,D up lol

first of many problems i need help with !

Postby DISCOdash » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 pm

hi all new here so dont flame me haha
just bought a cheap megane 2 1.6 16v on a 2004 plate as a daily runabout .... not sure weather to laugh or cry really :grin :grin

as it seems to have major issues with wiring and the dash warning lights lol :eek :eek ... its a bit like a gameshow when i put that card in the slot as you never know which lights will come on hahahah :cry :cry :cry

anyway long story short am awaiting my friend to return my scanner tool i borrowed him ,so as of yet not had chance to check out codes etc etc :banghead

at the moment and at random intervals im getting in no particular order the following lights
oil light (pic of a can in red )
flashing stop light
red eml light constantly on
also flashing service light
also airbag light too

worth noting car was a cat d also in its past

despite all these it still runs starts and drives and although it feels a little slow (not sure how fast there supposed to be anyway when working properly)
it seems ok .. well that is apart from the dash display triggering my epilepsy lmao :grin :grin

anyway after having a good nosy ive found i beleive a cam sensor in the boot ,so beleive previous seller was well aware it had issues anyway and this has been changed as looks new !!
after looking through here im going to check that ech or fusebox by the battery is it for water ingress ???????
have already checked wires under the seats in regards to the airbag with no luck ,think that may need a new ecu or resetting possibly ??????? is this correct ??

also have found that the wires that go to the clutch switch have been pulled out of the plug and joined together (bypassed) do these go faulty as would possibly explain why its been done by a prior owner ???
funny as car only starts when pressing brake pedal only and not clutch ?##

lastly can anyone with similar car please check on some wires for me will grab a pic tomorrow but i have 3 wires just dangling they are yellow brown and a white ,and they run in the loom that goes to the alternator area at the front
not sure were the hell there from or were they connect so need help !! :banghead :banghead

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Re: first of many problems i need help with !

Postby Ray » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:59 am

have you manually checked your oil level? don't rely on the electronic gauge when you start up.
if you've got a 3-door, try the connector under drivers seat. it's probably loose. (dis/reconnect with engine off).
dunno about eml.

DISCOdash

Postby DISCOdash » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:46 pm

cheers ray oil level is fine as that was first check when the no oil light came on :cry :cry
as for the dash oil check didnt even go off that if honest , as every other warning light that could be on is hahahah ..

anyway cheers for the reply lol was getting worried no-one would have any ideas ,and with it being a renault thought this part of forum would be busy too hhahah
:-) :-)

can i ask if the clutch switches are known to break aswell , as it looks like the wires that are supposed to go to this have been joined together ... presumably to bypass ??

and i checked the seat wires and all good there too

whats this fuse box uch thingy then ???? as it possibly could explain the faults im getting as the light come on and off at random intervals rather than coming on and staying on ??? :banghead

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:59 pm

do you ear a click sound while you move the steering wheel?

As for the red lights their always on or do they stay off sometimes?

cheers

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 am

yep, the clutch/brake wires were prone to breaking on phase 1's.
uch is the brain/computer/ecu/whatever you want to call it in other terms.
i don't recall the stop/service lights flashing. they're usually on solidly if there's a problem.

out of interest, are you missing any of the covers in the front wheel wells?

DISCOdash

Postby DISCOdash » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:48 am

cheers for the suggestions so far ;-)

only lights that are permanantly on are the airbag light , and now the eml light too !

stop light flashes and also stays lit permenantly sometimes too ????????????
havnt checked the service holes yet in wheel wells but will check today ... im assuming for water ingress :eek
and as for the the clutch switch is it ok to leave it bypassed then or not ??? only ask as want to try and sort as many probs i can visually see before i start resetting everything faultwise ...
used to own a well known 5gtt a long time ago and to be fair that didnt have half the issues this megane does :cry :cry
think this one was a friday afternoon production line car :cry :cry :cry :cry either that or wired by chimpanzee,s

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:33 am

what about the sound?

Return to “Problems / Questions”