random megane/ scenic problems and questions

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9 130 , remapped, DPF removed, Panel filter, double din

random megane/ scenic problems and questions

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi I've just bought my mates scenic off him with the intention of doing it up and making a bit of money off it. Just got a fair few questions I was hoping someone could help me out with.

Basically The front window doesn't wind up or down. You can hear the motor moving however. It can be slip open and closed with you hand. I havent taken the door panel off yet to have a look but am i correct in thinking this is the window regulator?

The boot is dead heavy to open and once open it has to be held up as will just fall down. Any ideas what could be causes this?

The oil change and service light is on. My mate says its had both of these but the mechanic didnt know how to get this off the system. I've tried holding down the rest button on the dash but this doesnt work. Am i right in thinking you would need a clip and not just an fault code clearer?

The trip computer keeps resetting, I have no idea whats causing this.

I ran a diagnostic on the car and only got one error message saying p0130- oxygen circuit malfunction (blank 1 sensor 1) Is this anything serious or nothing to worry about.

There are LOADS more problems with it but thinki i can handle those on my own lol

cheers for your help guys

Oh I forgot the temperature display is also showing -16?
1.9 dci dynamique, originally 130bhp. Remapped, DPF removed, Pipercross panel filter.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17209

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: random megane/ scenic problems and questions

Postby tomalamix » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:01 pm

window not working: Common issue, if you ear the motor moving you have a window mechanism broken. You can get those fairly priced at £50-60 (new) on aftermarket.

boot heavy: swap for a carbon fiber boot :)

reset service light: push the stalk until you reach the service menu. keep the reset button on the dash pressed until the mileage blinks and stop only when the mileage stops blinking.

trip Computer resetting: car battery is running out or stalk for trip computer info is stuck. If you can choose the various info the stalk should be ok and the battery maybe walking to its end. If this is the case when you start the car you can see the trip info going blank for a few instants when the engine is firing up.

P0130 is present or is memorized? present is not good, although the car can still "walk" without problems despite the fuel economy that can be affected and the engine may get rough for a few instants

Post or other LOADS of problems

cheers

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:39 pm

cheers for your reply,

Nice to know its probably not the window regulator then, as they can be expensive. There is a scrapyard not to car from me so will have a look there for a window mechanism.

My problem isnt the boot is heavy lol its that it wont stay up (if that makes any sense) Like when You open the megane's boot u you dont have to constantly hold it up but the scenic's boot just slams shut. Im sure this isnt normal but dont know whats causing it.

That worked a treat the oil change are service light has gone :-) Thanks very much

I can scroll through the trip info so its not the stalk, then i start it up the trip info does go blank of a second so ill take it to quick fit am im sure they do a free battery test.

p0130 is present as it was recorded during its last trip. My mate did say it was getting cr*ap miles per gallon but he thought it was just cos he was driving round with a full boot. So if p0130 refers to a oxygen circuit malfunction im assuming ill have to get a dealer to sort this out?

The temprature read out is -16. Do you know what could be causing this?

The other problems are just small things like missing a grab handle, it needs a windscreen wash bottle so hoping to get one of these from the scrap yard. Also needs a wheel trim, and interior needs a spring clean as well as a head light bulb needs changing. There are also a few dents in so got one of them suction things to pull them out.

thanks for your help mate
1.9 dci dynamique, originally 130bhp. Remapped, DPF removed, Pipercross panel filter.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17209

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Eddie- wrote:break it would be a better option if there's a list of faults
and swapping the boot for carbon fiber lol it's the rams i'd say are shot.

That's what I was gonna do with it originally, but didn't fancy having a car being pulled apart outside the house as i aint got anywhere to store it. I got it for cheap so as long as i can do most of the repairs myself I should make a nice profit.

Rapidshed
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2003 megane dci 120

Postby Rapidshed » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:56 pm

agreed on the boot just needs new arms to hold it up, visit a scrappy mate and see what you can get, but lots of little jobs soon add upa nd profits gone so watch the pennies.

tomalamix
F1 Driver

Postby tomalamix » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am

Boomstyliemikey wrote:cheers for your reply,

Nice to know its probably not the window regulator then, as they can be expensive. There is a scrapyard not to car from me so will have a look there for a window mechanism.

This mechanisms unfortunally are pron to fault. its not a good idea starting with an used one, the new mechanism its not too much expensive.

Boomstyliemikey wrote:I can scroll through the trip info so its not the stalk, then i start it up the trip info does go blank of a second so ill take it to quick fit am im sure they do a free battery test.

If that happens the battery is giving its last start ups...

Boomstyliemikey wrote:p0130 is present as it was recorded during its last trip. My mate did say it was getting cr*ap miles per gallon but he thought it was just cos he was driving round with a full boot. So if p0130 refers to a oxygen circuit malfunction im assuming ill have to get a dealer to sort this out?

This is probably one of the the oxygen sensors (known also as lambda sensor) wrecked. If your able to swap both with used ones from the scrapyard mate maybe you can fix it without any other extra equipment for fault searching. If your not comfortable with this let the garage deal with it but let me warn you that they have stupidly heavy prices for lambda sensors..

Boomstyliemikey wrote:The temprature read out is -16. Do you know what could be causing this?

Need to change the resistor that is attached inside the right door mirror. You will see a tip under the mirror, the sensor is inside, its a resistor. You will need to swap it to fix that.

Boomstyliemikey wrote:The other problems are just small things like missing a grab handle, it needs a windscreen wash bottle so hoping to get one of these from the scrap yard. Also needs a wheel trim, and interior needs a spring clean as well as a head light bulb needs changing. There are also a few dents in so got one of them suction things to pull them out.

thanks for your help mate

This other items is esthetics, i cannot help too much on that but i think you will handle them fine.

good luck

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:43 pm

rapidshed, your right,
Ill be watching the pennies closely, I dont really wanna spend anymore than £100 on repairs so hopefully will be able to do all the repairs myself. will have to see how it goes. Its the oxygen sensors I'm worried about unless I cant do them.

Cheers for your help tomalamix. So today I Took the door panel off and took this out. Is this the window mechanism? What ever it is it looks a mess!

lambda sensors are in the middle of the exhaust and next to the flange on my megane so will take a look at the scenic and see if I can get them off if they are in the same place.

Is this the sensor/ resistor you mean? If it is I was just going to cut one off another scenic at the scrap yard and splice it on to this car.
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]

Cheers for all your help again guys. I wouldn't be able to fix most of them with ur advice

tomalamix
F1 Driver

Postby tomalamix » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Yep, thats the mechanism and that mess is exactly what it happen too often unfortunally. Swap the mechanism and use the same motor, it will be fixed.

And yes, that is the resistor/sensor you need to swap.

Good luck with the lambda sensor, post back if you need help.

cheers

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:41 pm

The car is coming along nicely,
service and oil light sorted, temperature sensor sorted, boot rams sorted, washer well sorted but this window mechanism has my head done in. I've swapped it with a different one I bought, plugged it all in but before I put the door card back on wanted to be sure it works. However it doesnt, nothing is happening with the motor. Even when I plug the old motor back in nothing happens. It's like there is no power going to it. I've checked the fuses and these are fine. The wiring loom is not damaged as the speaker works, I cant figure it out. Any Ideas? Nothing happens when the p/s button is pressed or the P/s button on the drivers side so its not a damaged button. Cant figure it out :hm

Putting the above down to a battery as the d/s window stopped working shortly after, display has gone and car wont start. Will have to see

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Scenic all done. Quite happy with it and impressed with myself.
I owe you all a drink so if ur ever in the north east let me know

below is the advert not sure if selling at two higher price but we'll see

cheers guys

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ode/SR47UH
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180773330641

tomalamix
F1 Driver

Postby tomalamix » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:33 pm

i will take a run from Portugal to collect that drink lol

glad you make it. good luck selling that guy. by the way, the oxygen sensors swap solved your issue ? Maybe some other users can use that information if they come across something like you did.

cheers

atiryaki

Postby atiryaki » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 am

I have 2005 Scenic Expression 1.6 16V model . Last week , i noticed that on instrument cluster there was a message appared as " check emission" .
after checking all details i have noticed that i have seen some open cables under vehicle and lift my car up to see more detail.
During my search i found that my lambda sensor connector was totally get lost. so i want to solder wire harness to sensor but there is a colour deviation between sensor and main wire harness . Is there a way that i can find which wire needs to be connected . anyone have any picture / draft any information is welcomed.

on main wire harness side , 2 pcs brown , 1 pcs black , 1 pcs white wire is available
On sensor side , 2 white , 1 black and one grey wire is availble .

anyone know which wire goes to which wire

Return to “Problems / Questions”