Rattling noise - front drivers side door

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

foadek
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane 1.5 DCI

Rattling noise - front drivers side door

Postby foadek » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi all,

I have a really annoying rattling noise coming from the inside of the driver side door, it sounds as if a cable is vibrating, i have managed to pin point it to be near the outside door handle area.

Does anyone have a step by step (preferably photo) guide of how to remove the panel of the front door so i can see where the problem is and try and get it sorted.

I love the engine in the car but the interior is so cheap, if its not the door rattling, its the dashboard, then the roof....its driving me crazy!

Thanks all

krakatau
Currently Drives:: Megane II 2005 1,5 Dci Privilige

Re: Rattling noise - front drivers side door

Postby krakatau » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:03 am

Does this happen when u go higher than 100 km/h ? Cos if it does, I have the same thing, its just air currents, but sounds like something is rattling. Nothing to be done about that afaik.

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: Rattling noise - front drivers side door

Postby tomalamix » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:08 am

ok, ive had that in the past. it was the small black cover behind the door handle, it vibrates and produces a rattle coming from inside the door. The solution ive taken was to take out the door cover and then reach my hand to that cover and took it out. then i put there some sponge tape, with 2mm approx width, on the borders of that black cover and then put it back on place, this time it got really stuck on the door. After that no more rattle on the door. hope it helps.

about how to take out the door cover search this forum for "window regulator repair" or "window regulator fault". there are at least one thread with pictures how to reach the window regulator, it can be useful for you because it shoes how the door cover come out.

good luck to both

Return to “Problems / Questions”