Megane 2003 2.0 Whistling Noise

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

BlueMeganeII
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 3 door 2.0 VVT Dynamique - Sunroof, 17" Alloys, Keyless Entry and start
55 Grand Espace Initial, Xenons, Leather, Sunroof, Keyless, Sat Nav, Tyre Pressure sensors, 18" Alloys, Roof spoiler/bars.

Megane 2003 2.0 Whistling Noise

Postby BlueMeganeII » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 am

Hello all,

My Megane is yet again rather poorly. Or rather hes just damned annoying. On the way to work in the now colder mornings there are no issues beyond the revs being a little high. On the way back in the warm and up hills and stop start traffic the car has taken to whistling when the car is off throttle. Very very loudly. When your on throttle it goes. I gave the throttle body a good clean and will do this again later to make sure everything is 100% gone but I don't think this is the issue.

Whilst the car was running I put my hand over the throttle body to block off access for air, revs fell immediately almost to stalling point but it didn't... So where on earth is this air coming from and is the whistle air getting sucked in at certain temperatures/conditions?

It was then I noticed a pipe not connected to anything on one end. Uh oh... It appears to come from the inlet manifold but I can't work out its purpose nor where it should go.

Its connected to this circular device that is clipped onto the inlet manifold (highlighted in yellow). The workshop manual makes no reference to this. With the throttle body off I too another look and took these pictures:

The silver part comes from the circular device on the inlet manifold. It goes off underneath the inlet manifold, to what I have no idea. I am more concerned with the pipe that comes towards the camera. This is the one thats not connect to anything. Its pretty thick with only a thin channel inside it.

Any ideas?

Return to “Problems / Questions”