URGENT COILOVER PROBLEM - v-maxx

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rbrocky
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 172 replica

URGENT COILOVER PROBLEM - v-maxx

Postby rbrocky » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:54 am

Hi there, I fitted a BRAND NEW set of V-maxx coilovers to my 1.6 megane about a month - a month and a half ago.

When I first fitted the coilovers, on full lock or close to it, ie. sitting still or a bay park manauver SP. coming from the front coilies you would here like a "tingy" noise from both sides, as though the springs on the coilovers were compressing/decompressing? If that makes any sence?!

The reason I say this is because it sounded as though the pitch was getting higher when compressing and visa versa.

I originally put this down to them settling in blah blah blah, but it is still happening now and am getting a little worried.

All bolts are done up tight and secure, the only thing I could put it down to would be that the nuts on the top of the shock that holds the top mount up is too tight? They are both just over an inch from the top and are done up as much as my deep ring spanner would allow (so I believe that they were as far as they could go down).

i could be miles off with that conclusion. but any help would be excellent, as I am getting a little worried about it now.

Has anyone got any pics of their top mounts (standard) with their aftermarket shocks/coilovers bolted to them?

Again all help will be HUGELY appreciated

Thanks

Brocky

Return to “Problems / Questions”