Window juddering downwards on its own

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

shadowswan
Passed Theory

Window juddering downwards on its own

Postby shadowswan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:45 pm

Got a problem that has started to happen with my window. Basically it just judders down on its own, sometimes an inch at a time or sometimes more. It started about 3 days ago when I started the car in the morning and seems to be getting worse, on my journey to work today it wouldn't stay up at all :banghead though that said it seemed to be ok on the way home just with the odd noise.

Sorry if the description isn't great, I took a video and uploaded it so you can see hear whats happening.... Any ideas? I figure it must be the switch or the wiring for the window and some sort of interference.... That or the circuit board for the window... Its only doing it on the front drivers side window and started on the hottest day of the year so far after the car was parked in a private carpark so is unlikely the car got wet or damaged to the point this would affect the window, certainly I would be able to see from the outside if this was the case...

When it is going down I can't use the switch to pull it up but if I wait until its finished I can flick the one touch switch and it comes up fine.

Would be good to get input other than my girlfriends suggestion that the car is haunted Image

tommypayne
Currently Drives:: 2005 renault megane sport 6s dynamique

Re: Window juddering downwards on its own

Postby tommypayne » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:23 pm

window regulator f**ked need a new one . Renault did a recall on megane's for that a while back. Go to ur nearest dealed and see what they have to say on it

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:38 pm

I would tend to agree - the cables may be unravelling. Try spraying a silicone fluid down the rubber glides at the side first.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

shadowswan
Passed Theory

Postby shadowswan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Thanks guys - Renault will not give me the 75% off the reg as the car is 3 months out of its 7 year period :/

Return to “Problems / Questions”