steering fault

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

glenn1973
Currently Drives:: laguna. wife has megane ii

steering fault

Postby glenn1973 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi guys .
My wife has a 04 megane ii and only last week her o,s,f bottom balljoint popped out and ripped the abs wire out and anti roll bar link.
I foolishly took on the job of replacing the arm but didnt realise the job of dropping thesubframe to gain access to bolts.(now know i should of dropped radiator frame out)
now its all built back up the steering wheel is cocked over to the right a bit and the service and airbag lamp is on.
my question is ......do i need to realigh subframe correctly to get steering straight (do i need special pins ) also is the airbag warning on because of the abs wire pulled out or maybe i have accidently turned the steering wheel while disconnected and confused the steering angle sensor ?
thanks for reading and i look forward to any help ............

chewbacker
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: megane 19 dci

Re: steering fault

Postby chewbacker » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:59 am

when you say cocked to the right i presume you mean when driving in a straight line you steering wheel is sitting of centre.
the airbag system has most likely detected the jerk from the ball joint popping and logged it in it's ecu. this should just reset but will need plugged in to a computer.

Return to “Problems / Questions”