Injection Fault & STOP 1.5 DCI NEED HELP!!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

finbarrkerrie
Currently Drives:: 1.5 dci renault megane 2004

Injection Fault & STOP 1.5 DCI NEED HELP!!!

Postby finbarrkerrie » Sun May 01, 2011 1:18 am

Hi I bought a 2004 Renault Megane 1.5 dci.. After having it 2 weeks the engine management light and service light came on even though it was not time for service!
But anyhows I went and put petrol in by mistake £10 worth before I realised. I filled it right up with diesel to contereact the petrol i had put in and it was fine not sure if this cause it but 2 weeks later I started getting a warning message when I pick up speed go up hills or go over 50mph, the stop light comes on and a message saying injector fault then a few days after this it got hard to start! It is taking about 7-10 goes before she kicks in now and the same warning light comes up.. I have put new heater plugs on and then got advice from two mechanics who both told me to get it diagnostic test.. did this and it showed up ecg but basically was told to go clean all out and put a new fuel filter on to which has been done and still have the same problem.... Can anyone advice .. I also cut the old fuel filter to check for sharpnel and it was clean!! Also put diesel treatment fuel into it with a full tank of Diesel .. still no joy!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: Injection Fault & STOP 1.5 DCI NEED HELP!!!

Postby davelowe » Sun May 01, 2011 9:44 pm

Your fuel pump may not have survived this escapade, neither might your injectors. Petrol in a roughly 1:6 mix will cause the ignition to burn much hotter. It also dilutes the lubricity of the diesel that the pump relies on.

What you should have done on realising your mistake, is not to have started the car. Instead the fuel system should have been completely drained. Adding the fuel treatment is the icing on the cake, as most are just light petroleum distillates (or more petrol)....
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Return to “Problems / Questions”