I am stummped on what else I can do! please help!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

finbarrkerrie
Currently Drives:: 1.5 dci renault megane 2004

I am stummped on what else I can do! please help!!

Postby finbarrkerrie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi I bought a 2004 Renault Megane 1.5 dci.. After having it 2 weeks the engine management light and service light came on even though it was not time for service!
But anyhows I went and put petrol in by mistake £10 to be honest! I then made a call and was advised to fill her right up with diesel and she would be ok!
Well 2 weeks later I started getting a warning message when I pick up speed eg: go up hills saying injector fault then a few days after this it got hard to start! she is taking about 7-10 goes before she kicks in now and the same warning light comes up.. I have put new heater plugs on and then got advice from two mechanics who both told me to get it diagnostic test.. did this and it showed up erg or ecg but basically was told to go clean all out and put a new fuel filter on to which has been done and still have the same problem.... Can anyone advice .. I also cut the old fuel filter to check for sharpnel and it was clean!! PLEASE HELP!!!

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: I am stummped on what else I can do! please help!!

Postby joeishmather » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:50 pm

Maybe try some diesel fuel treatment? For a couple of £ it's surely worth a go?

finbarrkerrie
Currently Drives:: 1.5 dci renault megane 2004

Postby finbarrkerrie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:58 pm

Hey,

Done that too! Put it in the tank on Wednessday with a full tank of diesel still no luck! the best of it is the diagnostic test is clear now! which is baffling and the service light and engine light is off as I cleaned it! but its this not starting and choking and jumping for 7-10 times and when I put the shoe down or go up a hill it comes on for few seconds STOP injector fault!

thanks

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Sun May 01, 2011 10:50 pm

maybe some injector fault. do you notice lack of power also?

Return to “Problems / Questions”