Key Slot Light

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Daan_VB

Key Slot Light

Postby Daan_VB » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi there,

I've just bought a '55 dCI 130 Megane II with keyless entry and I've noticed that in some pictures there is a blue LED around the key slot but mine doesn't seem to be working.

Does anyone know how I can fix this. It looks good when it works :mrgreen:

Thanks

Dan

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Re: Key Slot Light

Postby Phil and Liz » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:52 pm

i think you might have answered yr own question if its keyless why would you want the keyhole illuminating?

apart from its looks cool of course
Phil and Liz Jackson
Lanark

Daan_VB

Postby Daan_VB » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Haha exactly! Does it not illuminate if its keyless?

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane 2.0 VVT Dynamique Sport Hatch

Postby MéganeDynamique » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:41 am

Nope! No need to insert the card, so therefore no need to illuminate the slot!

Try starting without the card being in the car... the message on the dash will say CARD NOT DETECTED, INSERT CARD, and the slot will then light up :D
Ottoman Blue 2.0 VVT Privilège 5 Door - Full beige leather, ESP, Xenon headlights, Carminat Navigation, Cruise etc.
Ink Blue 2.0 VVT Dynamique 3 Door... Black Leather, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, tyre pressure sensors, Hands Free etc.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Aren't these damned cars so random! I'd love to meet the chief electronics designer at Renault - I reckon they only work when they are high on acid. Or drunk. Or both.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Defiantly both!! Just fitted the factory cruise control buttons without the cruise control slip ring type thing, most of the wiring was there but a few connections, the randomness of it all is ridiculous!

Dwabo
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 2.0Dci GT (remapped!)
Front & rear HEL brake lines, Uprated Alpine ICE

Postby Dwabo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:14 am

joeishmather wrote:Defiantly both!! Just fitted the factory cruise control buttons without the cruise control slip ring type thing, most of the wiring was there but a few connections, the randomness of it all is ridiculous!

Most, if not all cars are now fitted with full wiring harnesses.. then when the customer 'opts' for an optional extra there is no extra build time as such as the internals are all there.. they just end up charging you a fortune for the privaledge.. all they usually add are the dash buttons and activate it on the computers!..
my last car (vectra c 2.0T) didnt have switchable traction control... when i checked behind the blank button all the connections where there.. ordered the switch from vauxhall, less than a tenner, and worked fine..swithable t/c.. if i had of opted for it..would of cost me £700 for the privaledge!!
Megane GT 2.0dci Remapped by Angel Tuning

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver

Postby MéganeDynamique » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:21 pm

That's interesting. I've already taken advantage of this fact and added heated seats and tyre pressure sensors.

There is one plug behind the panel to the right of the steering wheel. I wonder if it's for cruise control or ESP?
Ottoman Blue 2.0 VVT Privilège 5 Door - Full beige leather, ESP, Xenon headlights, Carminat Navigation, Cruise etc.
Ink Blue 2.0 VVT Dynamique 3 Door... Black Leather, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, tyre pressure sensors, Hands Free etc.

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:35 pm

See my other post:https://www.meganeownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16454 about fitting cruise control, you should have the wiring for it I'd you have it for the other things... (I'm selling the cruise control control I made if your interested, will make it smpler for you to fit)

Phil and Liz
Advanced Driver

Postby Phil and Liz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:49 pm

what about auto lights on and auto wipers that were fitted to my 05 dci dynamic but are missing from my 08 dci dynamic, query with renault and I should have bought Dynamic S

Anyone managed to do a post install on either of these ?
Phil and Liz Jackson

Lanark

Dwabo
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 2.0Dci GT (remapped!)
Front & rear HEL brake lines, Uprated Alpine ICE

Postby Dwabo » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:16 pm

MéganeDynamique wrote:That's interesting. I've already taken advantage of this fact and added heated seats and tyre pressure sensors.

There is one plug behind the panel to the right of the steering wheel. I wonder if it's for cruise control or ESP?

Interested in keeping my butt warm.. how much did it cost and what's needed..
Also, what do you need for tpms and cost involved?
Cheers
Megane GT 2.0dci Remapped by Angel Tuning

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver

Postby MéganeDynamique » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:25 pm

Ah, great guide there! I think I'll wait until I come across a steering wheel with the buttons. I'm one for originality :D

Phil and Liz wrote:what about auto lights on and auto wipers that were fitted to my 05 dci dynamic but are missing from my 08 dci dynamic, query with renault and I should have bought Dynamic S

Anyone managed to do a post install on either of these ?

Yeh, your Mégane was made in Renaults skimping period! They deleted this features for a year, realised they were being tight and brought them back :D

I really doubt it's economically possible. Firsty, it's extremely unlikely that the wiring will be there, check behind the headlining where it meets the windscreen (around the middle). If you're lucky, a new windscreen is required with the sensor area at the top. Then the rain sensor needs purchased. Needs fitted professionally in a completely dust free environment and an uncontaminated gel pad. Then the car will need told that it has these features. The cost and effort involved just isn't worth it - Easier just to buy a Tech Run or Dynamique S!

Interested in keeping my butt warm.. how much did it cost and what's needed..
Also, what do you need for tpms and cost involved?
Cheers

I was lucky as I got the heated pads free from a friend breaking his Scénic after turbo failure :D

Had to buy the switches and new trim from Renault which cost £30. Was very easy to fit, and is exactly as it would have been if it was ordered that way.

Check your car has the wiring (mine did). Pull back the trim around the handbrake and there will be two plugs there for the switches. If not, it's not possible :-(

TPMS. Sensors need bought (£30 each from Renault), fitted and the car told that it has tyre sensors. Cost me about £180 all in. Well worth it: :D

Return to “Problems / Questions”