Interior Heater not working properly and Electric Window up.

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

smiley08

Interior Heater not working properly and Electric Window up.

Postby smiley08 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Starting to get slightly worried my Megane is starting to develop some electrical problems. I got a in-car DVD player fitted recently and im not sure if anything is linked. Anyway my heater is only blowing air out the main vents and not at the windows etc. The knob that selects where the air comes out turns around from the main vents to feet but it wont stay on the windows (though turning makes no difference where the air comes out). That may be confusing but I hope someone can make sense of it and help me. The drivers electric window sometimes wont work but i have a fair idea what this is as something similar happened before and i got it replaced under warranty. Im going to take it into Renault soon but i want to know is it going to be expensive to fix and if this sounds like that start of electrical problems.

My car is 2007 phase 2 1.5dci Extreme with 56k miles if that helps. :?

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: Interior Heater not working properly and Electric Window

Postby tomalamix » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:19 pm

the manual knob to choose where to put the air have behind a cable attached. In your case maybe during the DVD installation that cable came off its place and now its not attached to the knob. you should check that out...

about the window issue you didnt explain whats the problem so we cant help further

cheers

Return to “Problems / Questions”