door rattle

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9 130 , remapped, DPF removed, Panel filter, double din

door rattle

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:22 am

does anyone else have a rattle in their drivers door. Ive got one and its becoming quite annoying. Just not annoying enough for me to do anything about it lol
1.9 dci dynamique, originally 130bhp. Remapped, DPF removed, Pipercross panel filter.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17209

Boomstyliemikey
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 1.9 130 , remapped, DPF removed, Panel filter, double din

Re: door rattle

Postby Boomstyliemikey » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Its always been there just never been bothered to do anything till now. Its really winding me up! It starts when i pick up some speed and get on the motorway. its come from the back of the door where it shuts. Im not sure if it is the seatbelt tho as it dont retract so maybe the mechinism(not to sure how to spell it) is broken and rattling. Its impossible to tell exactly as it only starts with i get some speed up.
1.9 dci dynamique, originally 130bhp. Remapped, DPF removed, Pipercross panel filter.viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17209

AussieMeg
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane II Dynamique LX

Postby AussieMeg » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:29 pm

Mines always done that, drivers door, something up in the lock assembly, only at 60km/h +

Sounds like a loose linking rod or something like that

Haven't been brave enough to remove the trim yet, thinking I will end up with more noises if I do that ;-)

dean-weston
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 54 Megane 2 - 1.6VVT

Postby dean-weston » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:01 pm

I have the same thing on my 5 Door 1.6 - BOTH front doors, so last summer me and a frind removed the passenger door trim (took 2 men 3 hours to remove and put back on) there was nothing obvious causing the rattle, it appers flimsy metal clips are used to hold everything in place and these cause the rattle! but i was unable to locate the exact spot causing the noise. Shortly after it started on the drivers door, at this point i got a bit annoyed and decided to fix this once and for all............. so i now drive with the radio turned up much higher than before!

123*reggie
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Renualt megane 1.5cdi (80 dyo) blue

Postby 123*reggie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:43 am

Boomstyliemikey wrote:does anyone else have a rattle in their drivers door. Ive got one and its becoming quite annoying. Just not annoying enough for me to do anything about it lol

Prob slamming yr door into mine didn't help lol
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15582
Remapped, pipecrosser cone induction kit, tinted windows, dropped 70mm, 8k hids with privet plate

K4 VNW over and out!

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Eddie- wrote:check the black sesor piece it wil casue i low rattle at speeds

Like Eddie said...ive had that problem on both front doors. Toke off both door panels, placed between that plastic sensor cover and the door some kind of tiny rubber. After that the doors went silent.

cheers

Jiltedfat
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9dci Dynamique 120

Postby Jiltedfat » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi, I also have a rattle in my passenger door. It seems to be coming from the back end of the door. When I lean on the arm rest or push outwards on the door it disappears. Any thought on what exactly it is? Also how to remedy it? Much appreciated.

Sylvester1994
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.5 dCi

Postby Sylvester1994 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Mine does this too, drivers door at motorway speeds, sounds like it's coming from exterior door handle area. I would turn the radio up, but thats broken too. :evil: eBay time soon!

Sylvester1994
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.5 dCi

Postby Sylvester1994 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Cover is missing, just covered with black tape atm, sorry, forgot to mention.
Also it sounds like a metalic rattling more than a plastic thing, anyway, no good to me as the car is now off the road :evil:

Return to “Problems / Questions”