Body Coloured Bumper Molds

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dcipower
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault Megane 1.9Dci 170bhp :-)

Body Coloured Bumper Molds

Postby dcipower » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi all,

I have just bought a 1.9 dci Megane and i hate the black bumper molds and the door strips :banghead

I know the door strips pop off but how do i remove the black bumper molds ??????????????

(front and Black) 8)

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Re: Body Coloured Bumper Molds

Postby joeishmather » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi, how do the side ones come off, Cheers, Joe

dcipower
Currently Drives:: 2006 Renault Megane 1.9Dci 170bhp :-)

Postby dcipower » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Hi mate,

The guy in the accident repair shop said they pop off - have not tried it yet tbo....

joeishmather
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: 57 megane with roof, engine, wheels, doors... All the usual things.

Postby joeishmather » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Hmmm pop? Well let me know when you do I'm wanting to take mine off and re-spray it. Sorry I cant help with the front n rear,

joeishmather
F1 Driver

Postby joeishmather » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:35 am

So for the side ones do you need to remove the interior door trim??

joeishmather
F1 Driver

Postby joeishmather » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:23 am

I don't have any badges, only the strips, there were never any badges and aren't meant to be on mine, guess I just pull it back then?

grosseberger
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 3 door citrus green Megane II

Postby grosseberger » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:02 pm

too remove the door strips on a three door you need to open the door you will see a black grommit on the inside of the door in line with the strip. take out this grommit and you will need a flat bladed screw driver and a torch to be able to see the retaining lug on the back of the door strip you will need to push this out and slide the door trim backwards and remove the badges first if you have them. the rear ones dont come off as the haynes manual tells you. you will break the clips removing these and there in no way around that unless to take of the rear internal door card and possibly break those clips as well. i think when i removed mine i pulled them towards the front of the car with the door open, this broke one clip on each trim
Andy
54 1.5DCI Extreme remapped,JVC Head unit, Pioneer front Kenwood Rear Amp & 10" sub

Return to “Problems / Questions”