revesing sensor fuse

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

shazy b
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.9 cdi (saloon) 2007

revesing sensor fuse

Postby shazy b » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:08 pm

hi, just joined, i picked up my 1st renault last week.(megane 1.9 cdi saloon 2007) iam very happy with it. today the parking sensor stopped working. iam a woman and not used to a big car!!( last car mgzr), so i need this gadget.i found the fuse box, but cannot find the offending fuse, could someone describe what it looks like please, :-)

chewbacker
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: megane 19 dci

Re: revesing sensor fuse

Postby chewbacker » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:57 pm

hi and welcome.
the rear parking sensor fuse is normaly shared with other systems.
check to see if your reverse light is working,(may only have one on passenger side)
if thats not working check for a fuse that mentions rear lights.
it may be that you have a after market kit fitted to your car.

if your reverse lights are not working and the fuse is ok it may be your reverse sensor on the gearbox thats stopped
working which can also prevent parking sensor systems getting a live feed from the switch

hope that can be of some help

shazy b

Postby shazy b » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:18 pm

thanks friend,
the reversing lights are fine, ive been told there after-market fit, because there not colour coded.
maybe a fault on the gear box switch?
i was a bit nearvous buying the car, loads of people said oh! not a renault you will be plauged with elecrical probs
i love it!! 2007 , only done 30000 miles on a diesel, cant go wrong.... can i?...... yes seeking reassurance!

chewbacker
Pass Plus

Postby chewbacker » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:29 pm

means your reverse lights work your switch is working.

when you put it in reverse does it make a loud beep

if so thats the unit telling you it's active,

if you hear nothing then it's not getting power or broken.
these kit's are very fragile.

the kits are normally cut into the reverse wires behind the passenger rear light.

shazy b

Postby shazy b » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:17 am

hello again chewy, well me, and our kid (northern phrase!) dropped the box down on the back light to have a shuffty(another one!) and some wires popped out, it looked like these were definatly fitted by a third party. there are 3 wires going to back lights. black, red (which had a connector on) and blue. the blue was cut. so i presume the broken blue wire is the problem, if you can imagine 3 wires coming from the front of the car into the back lights red & black connected and a blue one cut so its in 2 pieces. all i need to know is where the blue wire goes.

TubaPlayer
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 2004 (54) Black Megane 2.0T Privilege CC

Postby TubaPlayer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:37 am

It sounds like the blue should go to the reversing light wire in the bulb harness but as each make of kit is different it is hard to say for sure, have you got a multimeter? If you have, with the ignition on, check if you have 12v between the red and black.

Where abouts are you? You say you are up north if you are near me I could have a look for you if you are not confident.
Megane 2004 2.0T Black Privilege CC, Xenons, Sat Nav, Cruise Control, Full Leather, Rear Parking Sensors (Colour Coded)
Previously: Megane 2003 2.0 16V Black Dymanique Sport Hatch

shazy b

Postby shazy b » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:38 am

cheers tuba, iam in warrington, iam gonna, have a good look today, let you now how it goes. multimeter????? no mate havnt a clue!!! gotta whip round asda, then i might try and lift the bulb holder out and see whats what, it may be obvious, let you know how it went, thanks for the offer though, thats nice, i apprieciate it :grin

chewbacker
Pass Plus

Postby chewbacker » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:04 pm

the red wire goes to the reverse bulb live and the black to a earth point.
the blue wire could be a speed sensor wire.
you would only use that if fitting to the front bumper to turn them of when the reaches 10mph
these boxes are very common for breaking. a whole new kit from ebay is only around 20 quid and easy to fix.

check the box is getting power when in reverse on the red and black wire.

shazy b

Postby shazy b » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:25 am

you know what iam gonna take it back to the garage, i got 3 month warranty let him sort it out, just thought it may be a simple fault that i could fix, do you reckon he will keep it?, if so will he borrow me a car?..... sorry doing it again typing what iam thinking....ha ha!!!....its a female thing

chewbacker
Pass Plus

Postby chewbacker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:32 pm

he should be able to check it in about 10 mins
most 2nd hand car dealers do not have insurance policy's to supply cars but it's worth asking what he's going to
arrange for you, after all when dealing with garages lay it on thick that you need your car every day

Return to “Problems / Questions”