engine management/service light on

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sockstuff
Currently Drives:: 1.5DCI

engine management/service light on

Postby sockstuff » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:42 am

Morning people, hoping someone may possibly be able to shed some light on an issue that has just cropped up on my:
05 Reg 1.5dci Manual
Mileage: 100k
No work needed since purchased at 78k but carried on with the full Renault service.

Yesterday while driving along normally at about 30mph the engine management and service light came on. I immediately pulled over and stopped the engine and checked around the car to make sure there were no obvious fluid leaks or such like and found nothing. I decided to risk starting the engine again and still had the same two lights on so made a quick u turn and got it home. I didn't noticed any drop in performance and my mileage still seems to be around the 52mpg mark. Everything certainly seemed normal.

Now I'm going to take it someone where to be looked at as soon as I can but it would be ever so helpful if one of you lovely knowledgeable people on here was able to provide me with a clue as to what it may be causing this.

Many Thanks

Happy New Year!

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: engine management/service light on

Postby davelowe » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Check the oil level. Then get a code reader (ELM327 from ebay for £30) and hook it up to a laptop. Any error codes will point to the potential fault.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

rustyDLK
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2004 Renault megane II DCI 1.5

Re: engine management/service light on

Postby rustyDLK » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:37 am

This just happened me what did yours turn out to be?? Thanks in advance!

Return to “Problems / Questions”