Dashboard - Intermittent Failures

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Husky_Dog
Learner Driver

Dashboard - Intermittent Failures

Postby Husky_Dog » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:04 am

Good morning All,

Just recently my 2005 Megane 1.9 Dci has started to have some intermittent dashboard failures when the car is started.

The problem first arose following a long journey at the beginning of last week. When I stated the car the following morning the clock had reset itself, and the trip computer and fuel mileage had all been reset back to zero. Each start the same issue of resetting the clock and computer happened. At one point there was a bleep and the whole dash went black for about 3 seconds, followed by a full power up and everything back to normal. This ONLY happened once.

Everything has been fine for just over a week now, and all of a sudden the clock and trip computer have started to reset when the car is started. This doesn’t happen on every start for some reason?

Has anybody got some pointers where to begin to trouble-shoot this one? It appears that there is a dry joint or poor connection somewhere in the car but how to locate it? I have thought in the past that on a long journey the dashboard gets really hot from the display being powered. I just wonder if the problem is with the dashboard or somewhere else in the car?

Is the dashboard easy to remove and inspect?

Any assistance to help catch this Gremlin is more than welcome. At this stage it is just a nuisance that the clock and trip computer keep resetting – my concern is it develops in to something more sinister at time goes by. The total display failure for 3 seconds was not very nice as it happened at 40 mph in third gear…

No other issues with the car to date with around 93,000 miles on the clock now…

Will.
2005 Scenic 1.9Dci 120 Exception

Return to “Problems / Questions”