Passenger Window wont open

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Dwabo
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 2.0Dci GT (remapped!)
Front & rear HEL brake lines, Uprated Alpine ICE

Passenger Window wont open

Postby Dwabo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:01 pm

My passenger window has decided to give up... however I can hear a clicking noise as if theres electrical power there..
any ideas on the problem?.. is it likely to be the regulator? 07 model GT, Luckily I have a warranty, but not sure if its covered!
I've tried the fuses etc.. but I havnt got a torx set to get into the door so I will have to give the garage a call to sort the repair..
was just after a likely cause so I can speak to the warranty/garage people. Cheers
Megane GT 2.0dci Remapped by Angel Tuning

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: Passenger Window wont open

Postby tomalamix » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:48 am

If you have warranty go for it. Its a pain in the ass to take off and mount that door cover, it's better to go for the warranty. Just pass by your dealer and ask him for the warranty, the wrost case scenario is that you dont have warranty. In that case there are ways to fix it your self, spare parts available on ebay, etc. Post if you need help.

Cheers

kenster
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II

Postby kenster » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:31 pm

Don't we have a sticky or 'how to' here for this window issue as it's common as! Otherwise ill put something together.

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:53 pm

ive left here my experience repairing the electrical window with pictures. You can check it, but without the proper diagnose im not sure if your problem is mechanical or electrical. Regardless that you can check the post here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13756

Good luck

Return to “Problems / Questions”