MeganeII applying brakes itself with ESP ASR fault display

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: MeganeII applying brakes itself with ESP ASR fault disp

Postby tomalamix » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:20 am

Maybe you have a problem on your central brake pump (i dont know if its called that way, at least in PT it is).

There is also the chance that the fluid youre using its not suitable for your weather conditions and that may affect its performance. Check what Dave ask you and post back.

Cheers

kenster
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II

Postby kenster » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:40 pm

Okay after a bit more testing, seems consistent with this piece of sh1t!

Not sure about other Meganes but this car has always had v sensitive brakes, like zero bite point, touch the pedal and brakes on. Anyway its seems fairly random that if you slow down for any reason now n again the pedal isn't returning full to home position, so the brakes are still on, it's almost like the return spring for the pedal is fcked. It could well be more technical than that though, but a toe under the pedal to flick it up a few mm instantly relieves the car or dragging and lack of acceleration!

Going to take it a to a helpful Renault repair (non dealer) in Bournemouth next week. If its too expensive then im trading this thing in!

kenster

Postby kenster » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:25 pm

Just an update here is a thread with exactly the same symptoms as me, it wasn't his clock spring either. I think last time i spoke he was looking at an ABS pump.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=94694

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:45 pm

Well, the idea of the central braking pump is stronger with that symptoms. You can deactivate the ABS system if you have some skills to do that and check if that still happens. You will have a ABS warning inside the car informing you that the system is malfunctioning, its normal, the system is unplugged. This way you will test if the ABS system is or is not the origin of the fault.

cheers

kenster

Postby kenster » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:43 pm

thanks v much for your input, ill pass this onto my friendly Renault man to get him to try.

cheers,

Kenster

Return to “Problems / Questions”