Is this engine mounts?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Immobilizer
Passed Theory

Is this engine mounts?

Postby Immobilizer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:56 pm

I know nothing about cars at all so bear with me.

Sometimes when i'm driving about, espically over speed bumps and sometimes braking a low speeds it feels like the engine is jumping forward or juddering.

More so when i'm over bumps i actually fell like the engine is going to drop out of the car.

Any ideas as to the cause, the cost of the fix etc.

Thanks

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: Is this engine mounts?

Postby AlexB » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Don't laugh, this has already happened to someone a couple of years ago. Search for the nearest Bosch garage in their web site. They tend to be good.

Immobilizer wrote:...More so when i'm over bumps i actually fell like the engine is going to drop out of the car...
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Immobilizer
Passed Theory

Postby Immobilizer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Yeah i have an FRM automotive Bosch garage up the road.

From those symtoms does that sound like it's the engine mounts as that is what i've been told? Pricewise?

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:20 pm

I have no idea. Mine is a 1.9 diesel, which has additional engine support. Many people install the dog bone support link from 1.9dci into their 1.6vvt to make them feel more composed...

Ask the garage for the price. Consider an option of getting the part from ebay.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

kornnut106
Learner Driver

Postby kornnut106 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:57 am

if you look at your top engine mount (left hand side at the top big rubber thing and part metal probably has a blue paint dot on it) there should be a gap that you can see clearly, this gap would be directly in between the middle of the mount about half a centimetre wide. if this gap is not there then the mount has failed. also a good way to see if your mounts are gone is to turn the car on ,open your drivers door and if its vibrating its most likely an engine mount ... first info confirms it top one anyways second just in general also renaults on mounts are around £150-170 for the top one fitted
hope this helps :grin

Oscar-pepper
Currently Drives:: Renault megane dynamique convertible

Postby Oscar-pepper » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi,

not sure if too late, i got an engine mount replaced and fitted for £60, last week, they go, due to the amount of speed bumps our roads now have, shop around

:)
Oscar-pepper - contemplating a change in car!!!!!!!

Return to “Problems / Questions”