Main/Full Headlight Beam

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

np666
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane DCi 2004

Main/Full Headlight Beam

Postby np666 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Have read a load of headlight related issues on here and am still confused. :conf

Only got my Meg 3 weeks ago but have noticed that when the headlights are on everything is fine (alignment/brightness etc) however when I switch on the main/full beam I only illuminate the same area that the headlights are in. So I guess that the main beam bulbs need to be adjusted, which is where the confusion arrives, I have read on here that the main and dipped lights are adjusted together so what can I do?

Also I read that it is a bit of a nightmare to change the bulbs, can someone tell me or proivde a link to instructions how the best way to get access and change them? It seems bizarre that in a country where it is a legal requirement to carry a spare bulb in the car the French would make it a little easier :nut

I have the auto lights which are great and I want to keep on )i know you can de-activate them), but when they are on how do I dip them to side lights when the stalk and switches are in the off position? (need to do this when I enter my place of work so I don't blind the security gaurd)

Would appreciate any advice or solutions thanks fellas (or ladies, dont want to offend anyone :grin )
I was worried about buying a Renault, now I have bought it I am waiting for it to go wrong............but I like it!

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Re: Main/Full Headlight Beam

Postby Gav » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:03 pm

np666 wrote:when they are on how do I dip them to side lights when the stalk and switches are in the off position? (need to do this when I enter my place of work so I don't blind the security gaurd)

You need to twist the stalk to side lights to get side lights. The auto setting is only for dipped beam.
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

np666

Postby np666 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:05 pm

OK, ok sorry I'm and idiot. :oops:

Found some advice on here for headlight adjust : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6307
I was worried about buying a Renault, now I have bought it I am waiting for it to go wrong............but I like it!

np666

Postby np666 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:08 pm

Someone help/advise!!

Had a bit of a nose around and even fitted new bulbs for the full beam but makes no difference!! :banghead

The bulbs are defiantly fitted correctly but the full beam is still too low, I live in the countryside and driving down an road that has no street lights at 60mph and having only the 50-100ft in front of you lit up is a little disconcerting.

The dipped beam I am sure is correct, and even if they were a little low the main beam should still be illuminating the area 'above' the dipped beam shouldn't it?

madwedge
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 2004 Renault Megane 2.0 litre 16v VVT Dynamique

Postby madwedge » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Make sure the headlight adjustment control is on the right setting (i.e. not on the setting as if you had a fully loaded car). It's located on the lower right hand side next to the steering wheel. Next to the dashboard light intensity control.
Currently Driving: 2004 Renault Mégane Dynamique 2.0 litre 16v VVT

np666

Postby np666 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:53 pm

yes, have checked that. It is set to zero.

Return to “Problems / Questions”